Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
SamHobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a problem with the website, not the mobile app. I do not know if it is the same for the mobile app We really need a way to provide feedback for the website that is independent of a model.

That is not the problem I am asking about. The problem is that when I search the community, there are results shown that have other stuff overlapping over it so the results cannot be seen. Does that happen to you? Is there a way to get the extra stuff out of the way?

ArloCommunitySearch.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SamHobbs wrote:

@StephenB wrote:
  1. If the focus is inside the search box, I do see a section that is half covered (similar to yours)

Yes, the feature I am talking about is only a convenience but I assume the form is not working as designed.

Yeah, I get your point.  

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call their attention to this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This is what I see (using Edge, though I see the same thing with Chrome):

edge.png

Is there something unusual on how you set Windows or Edge display settings?  Have you tried a different browser?

SamHobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

You have nothing in the search box. What happens when you put something in the search box? Does the contents under the box go away or does it remain there and overlap the results shown below the search box?

Note that in the image I posted there is a White area under the search box, much like what many search tools show. Only about half of the first line of the White area is shown.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I don't normally use the Arlo search bar.  I find it much more effective to use Google search with site:community.arlo.com in the search string.  Similarly, site:kb.arlo.com if I am looking for a KB article.

@SamHobbs wrote:

What happens when you put something in the search box?

There are three scenarios I am seeing:

1. If the windows focus is outside the search box, I just see the image I already posted
  2. If the focus is inside the search box, I do see a section that is half covered (similar to yours)
  3. If I then press enter at the end of the search string, I get a page of search results.

I already posted (1).

Here's (2):

edge2.png

And here's (3)

edge3.png

SamHobbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:
  1. If the focus is inside the search box, I do see a section that is half covered (similar to yours)

Yes, the feature I am talking about is only a convenience but I assume the form is not working as designed.

The form is trying to show suggested results for us to go to directly without going to the other page. Minor convenience but that seems to be the intended behavior. It is the way that many other search tools work. It is not a necessity but as I said it appears to be something they intend to provide.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SamHobbs wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

Yeah, I get your point.  

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call their attention to this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the tags, I have informed the appropriate team.