Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling is broken

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
brokencloud
Star
Star

After being forcibly moved to the new app experience I have tried to get the now complex “automations” to do simple things but the bugs make it near impossible.

the latest one I have run into is that when I try to create a schedule I literally receive and error code. 

If Arlo aren’t going to test software anymore before releasing it then they should consider allowing customers access to engineering to log bugs. There is no way the outsourced support team are going to fix this. 

The number of software bugs that exist now have broken the system I have purchased over the last few years.

See the screenshot.

IMG_2129.png

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It works fine here. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Have you tried the web client pointed at my.arlo.com?

brokencloud
Star
Star

“ArloAutomations.Automations error 1”. It’s an undeniable error and bug. I’m not being forced to fix this companies bad software.

Im moving to legal action as Arlo have rendered my hardware purchases useless due to their software changes:

1. doorbell doesn’t work across multiple users (useless)

2. Automation aren’t usable and user devices aren’t identifiable (useless)

3. Support team stop any escalation path to the product team.

4. Software bugs have taken 10 hours of my personal time (unacceptable)

For any Australian based customer, if you are interested in being part of a class action or fair trading complaint. Please reach out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @brokencloud 

Thank you for providing this feedback. I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43493857

Jay513
Initiate
Initiate

I’m getting the same problem.  is there going to be a fix for this

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jay513 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

BrianSjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The schedule won't work for me either.

Arlo Pro 4 No base station

I'm using the App version 4.7_28565.

When I place a start time it says it needs to be earlier than stop time and vice versa.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library. The schedule won't span days so set the evening to stop at 11:59PM and then another to start at 12:00AM.

empyreal
Tutor
Tutor

It's the new interface. Works fine if you set the time, but error occurs if you try using sunset or sunrise to schedule mode changes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to choose your camera model and scroll down to Contacts to open a ticket with official support.

empyreal
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo should be handling that here. This is not a new issue. They should respond that they've fixed the problem. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@empyreal I wasn't able to replicate this issue with the Sunset/Sunrise automation. At which point do you receive the error code (after clicking save)?

Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed? The latest is 4.10

empyreal
Tutor
Tutor

Yes after selecting Sunset, I get automation error 1 when I try to save. I am using 4.10. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you. I have notified the team and I will report back with more info.