Resetting Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MotorcycleMayor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if this is the right location/subforum but here goes...

I need to reset, and reconfigure, my 4540 base station.

When I first set it up, I was migrating from an earlier generation base station (and cameras) which were not compatible with the new Essential cameras I just bought.

The initial setup went fine...or so I thought. I logged in to my existing primary Arlo account (I have two, one for my home and one for a vacation home). I was able to add the new base station, the new cameras, and re-sync the old cameras to the new base station.

One oddity was that the two cameras, and base station, for my vacation home also showed up. I don't know why/how that happened -- I'd always accessed them by logging in under a separate email -- but there they were. I could live with that.

However, after visiting that vacation home, and returning to my primary residence, I was shocked to find all the cameras and both base stations were gone from my primary email address.

In frustration I eventually tried logging in with the vacation home address...and there everything was. I have no idea how the stuff migrated to the vacation email address, but they did.

I don't want that. So I deleted the primary home stuff from the vacation home account, did a factory reset on my primary home base station...and have been unable to add the base station to the primary email account. The base station search just times out without finding anything.

I did notice that the factory reset has the LED flashing amber, turning solid amber and then turning solid blue. I thought it was supposed to be flashing blue if it hadn't been synced to anything (which it shouldn't be, after a factory reset).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you didn't mention it, I think the problem may be due to not deleting the old base and cameras from your account before setting up the new hub and cameras. Did you do that? 

It also sounds like you may have used Settings, Grant Access from one (or both) accounts to the other. Did you do that? That's normally how someone with 2 accounts, such as you, sees all cameras in one login. Of course, deleting cameras as well as adding new ones requires modification of the settings for the email address that was granted access.

A reset on the hub will give a solid blue LED after it reboots - that simply means it has a connection to the servers.

MotorcycleMayor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since you didn't mention it, I think the problem may be due to not deleting the old base and cameras from your account before setting up the new hub and cameras. Did you do that? 

Good point. No, I didn't do that because I wasn't sure how to do the migration and didn't want to lose access to the existing/old cameras. I deleted all my primary home stuff from my vacation home account yesterday, however...and my primary account still couldn't find the new primary home base station. 

It also sounds like you may have used Settings, Grant Access from one (or both) accounts to the other. Did you do that? That's normally how someone with 2 accounts, such as you, sees all cameras in one login. Of course, deleting cameras as well as adding new ones requires modification of the settings for the email address that was granted access.

No, I didn't do a grant access between my two accounts. Which is why I was surprised when, after initially setting up the new base station, everything from both accounts appeared in app.

A reset on the hub will give a solid blue LED after it reboots - that simply means it has a connection to the servers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So, nothing shows up in your primary home account, even is Settings, My Devices? WHat now shows in the 2nd home account now? You can try a brand new account using a 3rd email address to see if the new equipment can be added.

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app as well as tried the web client?