Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CoastalYeti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. For the last few weeks my camera footage sounds like it raining loudly (crackly). Has anyone else had and managed to fix this issue.  I have yet to take it down and factory reset it but I have updated software to no avail. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi CoastalYeti

I would suggest re-onboarding the camera to see if that resolves it for you. 

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A few of my cameras do it, but it seems to be only when it's real cold outside. 

I've got cameras that I purchased new, and some I purchased used off Facebook Marketplace.

I think the ones making the noise are the used ones.. I can't say for sure.

Thats neither here nor there, though, but whatever it is the noise is pretty loud and it's hard to describe. It doesn't last through the entire video that's been recorded, but it just seems to start when you first start viewing a saved video.. it kind of tapers off and quits but it is real loud.

CoastalYeti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah. Mine sounds like it’s perpetually raining hard but it is cold out and it seems to be the only time this has happened so far. I’m going to try a restart and see if that helps.  The sound options recommended to turn off etc hasn’t helped so. 
I’ll keep trying things. 
thanks

CoastalYeti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update:  took the camera down and blew out the mic, reset camera, reloaded camera on app then reinstalled outside. Ran alarm for a little bit and it seems better at the moment as I can hear sounds again. Product glitch guessing on the wrong side of the warranty. Oh well.