Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LA21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got back from vacation of two months.  Internet was disconnected while gone.  Batteries were all down.  Got three back up and in the process of charging.  The third one worked for a few minutes.  Then, it wouldn't connect to internet.  When it said hold button and wait for blue light, there are NO lights at all.  I tried to charge battery but if its not connected, it doesn't show percentage or even if it is low.  Can I get it back up or has it gone bad?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped batteries around?

LA21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't understand - the cameras are rechargeable.  How could I switch batteries?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LA21 wrote:

I don't understand - the cameras are rechargeable.  How could I switch batteries?

Pro and Ultra models are rechargable, but have removable batteries.

@jguerdat missed the fact that you have Essential cameras, which are fully sealed.  (FWIW, it's best to put the camera model in the post, just to sure no one misses it).

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Most likely, the internal battery depleted too much and the safety circuit is preventing it from charging.  If it's an essential camera, there are 2 18650 batteries inside.  If you are handy you can take it apart and manually charge them with a 18650 charge board to get them going again.  Of course, they might not be able to take a charge anymore as well.  Technically they aren't considered replaceable but they easily are if you know what you are doing.  I am NOT telling you to do so, just saying it's possible.