Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not recording into library VMC2030

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KenSult
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMC2030 was working with my 2 arlo2’s and base station, but now it will give alerts but it doesn’t record it into the library.

We have no subscriptions of any kind and the 2 old arlos are working fine.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenSult wrote:

We have no subscriptions of any kind

That is why you aren't getting recordings with the Essential.  You got them during the trial, but they stopped when the trial ended.

Your older Pro 2 cameras came with free 7-day cloud storage.  But all the newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  That includes the Essential models.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

KenSult
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wouldn’t have bought it then !

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It sounds like your 3 moth Arlo Secure trial has ended. You may be interested in the local storage feature, but this requires the use of a Smart Hub or Base station (Models in link). I have provided the How-To article here: https://kb.arlo.com/1146857/How-do-I-set-up-local-storage-backups-using-my-Arlo-Base-Station-or-Smar...

ArloLI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 7 cameras. 5 that I purchased a few years ago. The 5 have a 7 day library that I can view in the library. The 2 new ones purchased a few months stopped showing up in the library. When purchased no where was it explained that this was a "trial" for video access in the library. If I would have known I would have purchased another brand of camera. I will contact the store where purchased and initiate a return through my credit card. This is "fraud" bait and switch": whatever. Why would I spend hundreds of dollars each year to store recordings that 99% are not needed.

There is not contact info listed no phone, email or live agent to talk to. This was not the situation 3 years ago when first purchased cameras. Very disappointing.

ArloLI
Aspirant
Aspirant

me too.  will be returning my new cameras. My arlo pro cameras have 7 day history for free and that is what I expected with the new cameras. subscription is hundreds of dollars per year.

KenSult
Aspirant
Aspirant

Best Buy won’t take them back !

ArloLI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not buy them at best buy.  The store where purchased will take it back That is why I shop there.   There is no support for Arlo products. no phone, no email. This message board is it.  Poor business model