Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GB74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

We have an Arlo Essential, for notifications the main phone is an iPhone 7, with a friend (wife) an iPhone 11

When we are at home we get notifications (whether WIFI or mobile data) however when we go to work, or anywhere outside of our home we do not get notifications. 

Both phone's current ARLO app (and IOS update), I have ensured the notifications have been turned on in the app and iPhones. 

What am I doing wrong? Arlo is great but I can't quite get the full benefit. Please assist?

Nga mihi

Glen

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked that the app is allowed to use cellular data?  Go into the iphone settings, and scroll down until you see the Arlo app.  Select it, and you'll see if it is enabled for both cellular and wifi.

GB74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen B

Thank you for taking the time to offer advice. 

Both cellular and wifi were enabled. Do you have any other thoughts?

I conversed via messenger with Arlo Help last night and rebooted the app as per their suggestion, I also removed the camera and reinstalled it as per suggestion. Still no luck! Grrr....

Thanks Again

Glen

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using geofencing? If so, what mode is used for Away? Have you checked to verify that modes has notifications enabled?