Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Use Arlo Essential on AC Power permanently?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Zwaf
Guide
Guide

Dear all,

I'm aware that the Arlo Essentials run on battery power for prolonged periods of time and that they can be (re)charged using the USB port and supplied charger.

However, can I use the camera also while it is being charged? Or better said, can the camera also power and function when wired on AC-power? My question comes from that I want to place the camera in a hard-to-reach location (would require a ladder to remove for charging, but there is AC-power there)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amy_lynn1121
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have all of my cameras wired to be continuously charging. They are all out doors. They do just fine. I do however have them located in locations that rain cannot get on them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

Per the FAQ here the charger is for indoor use only and says to charge outside you can use the Solar Panel. I believe I saw you can not connect the essential directly to AC power at least outdoors but someone correct me if I am wrong. This link in FAQ can help. 

How do I charge my Arlo Essential wire-free camera?

Zwaf
Guide
Guide
Should've clarified I was talking indoors. The hall has a high ceiling but there's AC wall outlets available. Obviously solar isn't an option indoors
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Zwaf wrote:
Should've clarified I was talking indoors. The hall has a high ceiling but there's AC wall outlets available. Obviously solar isn't an option indoors

Yea that makes a difference. On my Pro3 when charging inside it does still function as it should.

amy_lynn1121
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have all of my cameras wired to be continuously charging. They are all out doors. They do just fine. I do however have them located in locations that rain cannot get on them.