Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo had been saying you can add as many cameras as you like. I already had two Pro 2, one died. Bought two of the Essentials after a heck of a time with arlo where I had to file a complaint with BBB. 

I bought into that! I bought THREE of the essentials. I got them set up and they were running. After the second one they ALL DIED! Not one or two, ALL DEAD!

Makes matters worse you cannot reach anyone. I filed another complaint. I will probably be taking these back to the store first thing tomorrow. I was going to buy them from Arlo, but my doubts in their lack of support I luckily bought it from a store nearby. I have jumped every hoop x3. 

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mindy1043,

Are you seeing error messages within the app when you try to view the cameras? Could you provide more details about what it is you're experiencing?

JamesC

Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant

The modem is recognized by wireless. The cameras flash blue when I try to copy the QR code, but it does not respond. 

It blew everyone of my cameras. I have tried to reach out to Arlo, but I only have about two more days to resolve it before I take back ALL THREE CAMERAS.

Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant

IF YOU BUY THEIR PRODUCTS BE SURE YOU GET THEM FROM A STORE NEARBY. IF YOU GET IT THROUGH THEM YOU’VE LOST YOUR MONEY.

I’m livid. I’ve now lost about THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS ON MY ONES TO LATE TO RETURN. I had a problem with Arlo and had to go through BBB to get anything done. So here we are again.

I just spent $300.00 on THREE new ones. I set them up. They worked for a couple hours and NOW NONE NEW OR OLDER ONES WORK! You can’t get in touch with anyone.

I will be writing to the company and trouble I went through in hopes they remove their products.

They regained my trust. Shortly thereafter I bought the NEW ONES. I can’t get any assistance except people who don’t speak English.  I have a complaint for the past 24 hours and still no results. I am not going to take a chance of losing this $300 so I will be taking them back into the store I bought them from and find a way through small claims or whatever I can to get a refund for the others that no longer work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mindy1043,

If you're not able to get through onboarding consider factory resetting the camera and plugging the camera into an AC adapter while going through the onboarding steps.

You can find instructions for factory resetting your camera here: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been my experience in the long run is to completely disconnect the station/modem whatever you want to call it. 

What they don’t have noted is to IF you are using Essential Cameras they operate similar to the Ring Doorbell. They run strictly off of Wi-Fi.  Since I also have a Pro 2 Camera I tried to use the station again, but again it killed all my cameras, my set of 3 Essentials and my Pro. 

IF Arlo would pay attention and remove the instructions and chat would take notice this could be resolved much easier. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Essential cams work fine on a base other than the 3xxx series.  It's hard to say by long distance but there's something going on in your environment and/or faulty hardware that would be the reason for your issues. Sorry you've had such a hard time but it happens on occasion. Additional troubleshooting would be needed to figure out what's going on.

While it would be a PITA, removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and starting fresh may be the solution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mindy1043 wrote:

Since I also have a Pro 2 Camera I tried to use the station again, but again it killed all my cameras, my set of 3 Essentials and my Pro. 

FWIW, this has not been my experience (though I am no longer using a VMB3000 base).  

I do have some cameras directly connected to my home wifi, and others connected to my three bases - and everything co-exists wtih no problem.

Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh for the love of God. My cameras DID NOT WORK WITH THE STATION.

After 5 hours of chat support I unplugged the station & they work perfectly fine.

If the station works great then fine. I have FIVE cameras.

Not what worked for me.
Mindy1043
Aspirant
Aspirant
They work fine now. To the surprise of the chat person as a last ditch effort I disconnected the station. THEY ARE RUNNING FINE. I guess same as ring doorbells no station needed.

ARLO NEEDS TO MAKE NOTE OF IT.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mindy1043 wrote:
Oh for the love of God. My cameras DID NOT WORK WITH THE STATION.

We do understand that. 

But this seems caused by something specific to your setup - it is not something anyone else has reported here, and many of us combine base stations with directly connected cameras.  It would been ideal if support could have figured out what it was.