Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2030 will not sync with existing VMB4000 base station. Camera light flashing amber not blue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PeteM63
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera originally synced up directly to my WiFi network and not the base station.  Works fine but after removing the device from direct WiFi operation and trying to sync with my base station, it won't sync.  After pressing the sync button on the base station the B.S. sync buttom blinks green light.  As soon as I press the sync button on the bottom of the Camera, it starts to flash amber.  Does the camera need to be re set?  Is there a way to do that?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru
  • Press and hold the sync button for about 20-30 seconds. The camera LED lights solid blue for 2 seconds, then blinks amber 3 times. Continue holding the sync button through all the LED behaviors, until you have held it for 20-30 seconds. This factory resets, power cycles, and shuts down the camera. To continue using your camera, you must re-add it to your account.
    Note: The camera’s USB charging cable must be disconnected for this to work.
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, be careful to select the right camera model.  The Essential and the Essential Spotlight are different models, and if you select the wrong one, then onboarding will fail.

PeteM63
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue is when I use the app and try to add it to my account, it doesn't give me an option to connect with the base station, it only prompts me to add it directly to my WiFi network so it seems I need to just pair this directly to the base station, but it won't pair with that either..