Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New cameras won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hjortskull
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought 3 Essential spotlight camera, all of those won't connect in the app. I'm doing the direct WiFi setup (no base/hub).
When I try to connect them i do all that the app says.I hear the chime when I scan qr code , and after a few seconds when the app search for the camera the Blue lift stops to blink. Have pressed the little button so it starts again this time it keeps blinking for longer ( have the sync process stoped there?)
I have tried hard reset them several times.
I have tried different units to have the app on (iphone,ipad, androidx2 and the web interface on computer) Also 2 different logins.
The Wifi is 2,4ghz
Router is Asus RT-Ac 87u
I have no VPN
(Is there anything on router settings which stops it?)
I have tried several combos for 3 hours at my house.
Nothing seems to work.
After 3hours at my house i went home to my brother who has 2 of these cameras installed and tried to connect one tho his system (also no hub/base ) didn't work there either. So basically i have 3 cameras none of them works. Any ideas from you guys?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hjortskull wrote:
So basically i have 3 cameras none of them works. Any ideas from you guys?

This can be very frustrating.

Have you tried on-boarding using a PC browser instead?  Browse to my.arlo.com.

Hjortskull
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried PC browser before but only wifi , but this time I plugged it with cable and found one camera ( one that i didn't scan the qr code with , Wich was in the other room) so now one camera works ,two more to go 🙂
Hjortskull
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still can't connect the other two of them. Do you have any more tips?(:
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hjortskull wrote:
Still can't connect the other two of them. Do you have any more tips?(:

Maybe try resetting them by holding sync until you see the camera LED starts to blink blue - about 15 seconds.  It should then blink amber 3 times.  The reset will take a while to complete (perhaps up to about 45 seconds).  

Then try again with the onboarding, using the PC connected with ethernet.