Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Vondalees
Follower
Follower

VMC2030AerA6; Firm Ware 1.090.26.4_30_foc1dbf

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have a subscription for the Newer Essential camera? You need one for cloud recordings after the 3 month trial runs out. The Pro2 and older still have the free 7 day cloud storage you are seeing on your older camera.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

I have the same query having purchased the Essential Spotlight camera, the free subscription period has just expired and the recordings do not save to the library unlike the Arlo HD it replaced and the four other cameras on the system. So are you saying that unless you have a subscription the recordings are not available for the 7 days like all other cameras, am I correct? If that is so Arlo do not make that crystal clear when purchasing the camera, what is the point of the camera? The facilities offered with the subscription are not needed. had I known I would never considered the camera.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Grinch777  Yes that is correct you need a Sub for cloud recording after the "3 month Smart Trial".  It is on the Box and product page. You can still record locally to a Hub/Base if connected to one. 

Grinch777
Guide
Guide
It is not what is on the box, it is what is not! Yes it does say that there is a 'free' three months subscription but it doesn't state that without it you can only view recordings from a USB inserted into the base. Unlike other Arlo cameras. To get this info you have to search the Arlo site where the FULL product info is given, which is not on the sales page. To add insult to injury I had to invest in a new base when I purchased the camera as my old one wasn't compatible. Still as they say 'once bitten twice shy'.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Grinch777 wrote:
It is not what is on the box, it is what is not! 

It is on the various boxes I've received, but it is often in small print and easy to miss.

FWIW, I think it would be better if it were more prominent on the packaging, because it does catch a lot of people by surprise.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide
It certainly caught me out!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

@Grinch777 wrote:
It is not what is on the box, it is what is not! 

It is on the various boxes I've received, but it is often in small print and easy to miss.

FWIW, I think it would be better if it were more prominent on the packaging, because it does catch a lot of people by surprise.

Yea on my Pro3 it was small. On the Essential box it is larger and almost a whole side.