Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My account doesn't have the grant access option

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rvb89
Aspirant
Aspirant

How or what do I need to do to fix my profile to get the grant access function. I can't find it either on the app or when I login online. I'm trying to give access to my wife and it's not working because of the grant access option that I do not have.  I read that you need the grant access function so you can go into the cameras and give the member you want access to the cameras. So I removed the app and re-installed it and still nothing. I still do not see the grant access.  I don't have a hub. Do I need a hub in order to have that grant access function? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The user interface on both/all phones must match. Do you see Library to view videos or Feed? Any phone that sees Library must migrate to the new interface that uses Feed.

To do this, that user needs to use Add Device from the Devices page. Choose either the Pro 5 camera or the security system even though you have neither. This will first trigger the migration to the new interface after which you simply cancel the fake installation.

With the new interface, you will see Home at the top. Click on that and select the bottom choice to see the shared cameras. Each user gets their own Home so a user that wants to see shared cameras must select that person's Home. To make it easier, I suggest each user rename their Home to something that makes it obvious whose is whose.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but first you need to tell us which user interface you are using. You may be a new user which would use the new (4.x) interface which shows Dashboard, Feed, Routines, etc. instead of the old (3.x) interface which shows Mode, Library, etc. That can be confusing to you at the moment but everyone will eventually be using the 4.x interface - you would just be avoiding the need to change later on.

Since you can't find Setting, Grant Access, I'm going to assume you have the new interface. To set up your wife's guest access, click on the "person" icon at the top left. That's the way to get to settings. In there is a selection named People. In there is a "+" at the top right. Click on that to add your wife.

rvb89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have version 4.1 (5991) on my iPad.  I did go to settings then to People to add my wife.  She already had an account setup prior.  Her brother had added her to his cameras while he on was vacation a few months back. He has removed my wife from his cameras. When I added my wife, she is unable to see any of the cameras. She gets alerts but can't see the cameras. She has removed the app and re-installed it.  She has version 4.1(5991) on her iPhone 11.  On the device page on her phone, it says add new device.  No cameras are shown.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The user interface on both/all phones must match. Do you see Library to view videos or Feed? Any phone that sees Library must migrate to the new interface that uses Feed.

To do this, that user needs to use Add Device from the Devices page. Choose either the Pro 5 camera or the security system even though you have neither. This will first trigger the migration to the new interface after which you simply cancel the fake installation.

With the new interface, you will see Home at the top. Click on that and select the bottom choice to see the shared cameras. Each user gets their own Home so a user that wants to see shared cameras must select that person's Home. To make it easier, I suggest each user rename their Home to something that makes it obvious whose is whose.

rvb89
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! That really solved it.  This show be noted for people having this similar issue. Otherwise, you'll be going in circles trying to figure it out.