Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detected but no recording!!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
piotostado
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, have a VMB4000 base and added an Arlo Pro 3 Camera plus 3 Essential Spotlight cameras. The only one that is recording is the Arlo Pro 3, the Essentials I get notifications of motion detected but no recordings. Another issue is that I have the spotlight on and when Motion is detected it doesn’t turn on at night.

I’m starting to feeling that I didn’t make a good investment on my security system.

Please Arlo, need a solution!
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription for all cameras and are all activated in Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras? Does your active mode have rules for the cameras that have the proper settings? Are you using zones and/or Smart notifications and are they set properly?

piotostado
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since I’m in Mexico I can’t subscribe but there are only 4 cameras, think the limit for free is 5 cameras?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@piotostado wrote:
Since I’m in Mexico I can’t subscribe but there are only 4 cameras, think the limit for free is 5 cameras?

Unfortunately there is no free cloud storage for Pro 3 and Essential Cameras.

piotostado
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I record locally is it possible? With a USB?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@piotostado wrote:
If I record locally is it possible? With a USB?

You can but on you VMB4000 base you posted you need to eject the USB and view it in a PC. If you get a Smarthub VMB4540 (USB) or VMB5000 (SD) you can view in the app but with limitations. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?