Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model VMC2030 cant connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sirsomeguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im using eero mesh network. i set it for 2.4 and have tried to link it several times with no success, made sure to set up with the spot light version and not just the essential. at a real lost of ideas i have tried using the app and my pc.

Also it stops blinking blue after couple seconds when i scan the QR not sure if that's normal.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sirsomeguy wrote:

Im using eero mesh network. i set it for 2.4 and have tried to link it several times with no success, made sure to set up with the spot light version and not just the essential.

If you have punctuation in the network name or password, try removing it.

The network security should be set to WPA2 (AES).  

If you have beacons, then try turning those off.  Also disable Eero Plus during onboarding.

sirsomeguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

changed the network name did nothing.. same as before blinks blue couple times after i scan the QR and hear the chime, then nothing. 

i removed the beacon but still nothing

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you auto filling the Network name or password? Can you try entering manually. Also, do you have dual bands active with your router? Can you try turning that off and connecting directly to the 2.4 band during setup. You can also try the web portal to onbaoard if you have not already.