Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
ktaylor_au
Initiate
Initiate

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if there is some way to set the frequency of low battery notifications, both on devices and emails?

Thankfully we didn't have our devices in the bedroom last night, as we awoke to the constant pinging of notifications (one every 15 seconds) and an inbox with over 1000 emails!

The devices had over 25% battery yesterday evening, then less than 4% by the time we were awoken by their alerts. Thankfully we were home to be able to take them down for charging, but if we were away this would have filled our inboxes, driven us insane and it appears there is nothing we could do about it - surely thats not right and I'm not seeing a setting somewhere?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Two new firmware updates were just released for Arlo Essential and Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras.

Please test again now that these releases are available and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

13 REPLIES 13
Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same question, last night it wake me up at 3.19 hour. Took me several minutes to can my login in the Arlo app to silence it. 

ALs why is after login in this forum everything ine German???

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Triumphs wrote:

ALs why is after login in this forum everything ine German???

I'm not seeing that.  What language is selected in the pulldown in the upper right?

Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

Englisch (all the text on this page, except to user text, is in German)

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Triumphs wrote:

Not seeing German just English.

Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

Even the e mail with your answer is in german;

Hallo Triumphs.

dcfox1 (Master) hat eine neue antworten im Board am 2021-08-23 08:00 PM gesendet:

Also not seeing German just English.

Arlo Community hat diese Nachricht an sjoerd….. … .. mac.com. gesendet.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the preferred language setting in your browser?

suzeo99
Star
Star

This is an issue that many of us are having.  This started after the most recent firmware update.  Please Arlo, can you roll back the firmware update?  The multiple emails and sudden drop in battery life are one of the issues this update caused.  Also - the 1% battery life was not even true.  Once it came back online my Arlo ran for 3 days on 1%

anders1701
Tutor
Tutor
I also had the notification flood issue along with sudden massive battery drain. Surely Arlo must at least see this unusual email activity and realise something is wrong.

I'm new to these forums. Does Arlo support actually look at these forums, or should we log a ticket?
Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

Also with me yesterdaycharged to 99%. Sync with wifi. Wifi did loose conection after 2 hours and today I did get a flood of notifications that the battery wa sunder 13%. Also now I have it on charge it makes a clicking sound. I removed the camera put it on charge and did demand a new one from the persons where I did buy the whole system. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Two new firmware updates were just released for Arlo Essential and Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras.

Please test again now that these releases are available and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue.

JamesC

Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

So far so good battery is on 99% after 24+ hours. And still on WiFi and present in de app.

Kapper
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just Got 1070 e-mails about low batteri ! And the camera i full charged
Triumphs
Tutor
Tutor

Does it have firmware 1.090.27.1_14_38879fc ?