Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
billrigsby
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my fifth Arlo essential wireless and I'm getting several alerts but it is not recording any video feeds when I go and log into the device and make it live I can see it but I cannot record anything from that like I can the other four cameras. Firmware is up to date I will admit I bought this on eBay it was open box but in my opinion it was a used I don't see how that would affect it's recording abilities. I have removed it and added it restarted the base tried several different things. I know you do not need a subscription to record video so any help would be appreciated. Thank you
35 REPLIES 35
billrigsby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am curious what update you are referring to?

App or Firmware?

My firmware updated on the base and only the EBay purchased camera (to my knowledge).

I would think there would be a warning to a camera needing Firmware updates

and you would need to approve.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Madnmoshat wrote:
I have looked at your links. They do not apply to my situation. I am just into week 2 of my 3 month Arlo free trial. I have 3 Arlo Essential spotlight games and 1 floodlight camera. They were fine until after the last update. Last update, being the key words here. You don't seem to be able to help with my situation. I will just return them before my 30 days are up. Will not recommend Arlo.

You keep saying firmware update (witch may be possible) but you never actually Said as @StephenB  suggested if you checked the subscription status or rules as sometimes glitch can  move the subscription to inactive, same for rules. Also the question can you manual record.  

Madnmoshat
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I get to the manual record option? My cameras were working just fine and then all of a sudden they stopped recording. If it had anything to do with a subscription they wouldn't have been working in the first place. I haven't even had them 2 weeks yet. I can walk by any of the cameras and they will send an alert but they do NOT RECORD. Why is that such an issue for y'all too correct?
Madnmoshat
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I get to the manual record option? My cameras were working just fine and then all of a sudden they stopped recording. If it had anything to do with a subscription they wouldn't have been working in the first place. I haven't even had them 2 weeks yet. I can walk by any of the cameras and they will send an alert but they do NOT RECORD. Why is that such an issue for y'all too correct? I do not have a subscription yet because I am under the 3 month FREE trial. Again, my cameras were working fine for about a week. The update I was referring to was referring to in my email was on 7/27/21 the version is 3.5.2_28385
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Madnmoshat The Manual record is in Live View steaming. It is the red button in the screen shot after you push it but white when not activated. See attached screen shot. No one replying here is from Arlo so we can't correct it. Again have you actually checked in your Subscription settings that the 3 month Trial is Active regardless you only had them for 2 weeks to eliminate that. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madnmoshat wrote:
 If it had anything to do with a subscription they wouldn't have been working in the first place.

As @dcfox1 tried to explain, there are times when the cameras mysteriously shift out of their subscription.  If that somehow happened, then it would explain your symptoms.

So I think you should check that with the app or my.arlo.com, and if it did happen to you, then you should contact support.

@Madnmoshat wrote:
How do I get to the manual record option? 

You should see it when you are livestreaming.  It's an icon in the bottom center of the image (a circle with a solid circle inside).  

The question probes two potential issues

1. subscription status (the control only shows up if the camera is under subscription)
  2. whether the problem is linked to the recording mode+rule, or not (if you can record manually, then the rule is the next place to look).

I understand that you are focussed on the app update (or maybe firmware) as the cause.  But there are some other possibilities, and the suggestions I've made before are to rule those possibilities out (or alternatively zero on on a different cause that you could perhaps fix).

billrigsby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please note................

From ‎2021-07-24 01:43 PM

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billrigsby wrote:

That was a different issue, and was fixed in 3.5.2.  @Madnmoshat is saying he isn't getting cloud recordings (and he should be still using his trial subscription).  The bug in 3.5.1 didn't affect access to cloud recordings.

Madnmoshat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, thankyou for your reply. I didn't realize this wasn't arlo techs. Sorry if I have been rude. I checked my subscription status and it's good until the end of October. Do you have any more suggestions on what I might try. Thank you. I'm just an old woman that should have known better than to try this myself. Thanks for your help.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Madnmoshat wrote:
 I checked my subscription status and it's good until the end of October. 

Good.  The next step is to see if you can make a manual recording.

If you livestream the camera from my.arlo.com, you should see a recording control in the center bottom of the video.  That will be a circle with a white solid circle in the center.  There should also be a camera icon.

If you click on the camera icon, it should save a snapshot.  If you click on the circle, the solid circle in the center should turn red - indicating it is recording.

Are you able to use those two features?

Madnmoshat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. Just wanted to let you know that I finally got in touch with Arlo support. The person I talked to got me hooked up. My account had somehow got deactivated and I uninstalled all of my camera's the reinstalled them and he got my 90 trial activated again and everything is working great. I want to thank all of you that took the time to help me out. Happy n Moshat.