Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tjhall23
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased an Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera in April 2021.  It is still within the one-year warranty period, and the camera has no power and won't charge.  I would like to receive a replacement unit under the warranty.  Arlo has done an excellent job making it virtually impossible for customers to reach Arlo for any type of product issue or to arrange for a warranty return.  The website leads customers in circles, the "live chat" function tells me that I am "not eligible for live support", and I have no idea how to obtain an RMA to enable a warranty return.

Can someone please help enlighten me?  This should be a simple process clearly laid out on Arlo's website.  Frankly, I am on the verge of going in a different direction for my security needs because it seems like Arlo has no interest in standing behind their products or helping their customers.

10 REPLIES 10
dcfox1
Master
Master

Do you have a subscription? If so go to settings-support in the app and there will be a phone icon to call. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the battery is simply exhausted. It's best to recharge proactively.

Try plugging the power in multiple times with several minutes inbetween. That should provide enough voltage in the battery to allow it to then charge properly.

tjhall23
Tutor
Tutor

First, I appreciate the reply.  No, I don't have a cloud subscription.  It almost feels like I am required to sign up for a subscription in order to have any way to contact Arlo simply to get an RMA number for this warranty claim.

tjhall23
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate the reply.  I have definitely tried this - no dice.  

Is anyone from Arlo monitoring these boards - does Arlo have anything to say in terms of how we can make a basic warranty claim?

dcfox1
Master
Master

Support would have to trouble shoot with you to determine if it faulty before issuing a RMA. You can sign up for a subscription for support and then cancel it when resolved and you will get the unused part back.

tjhall23
Tutor
Tutor

First, it is insane that a customer has to sign up for a subscription in order to reach customer service regarding a warranty issue.  I have never encountered this with any other company.

But, even that is not a possibility here.  The process for signing up for a subscription requires the customer to activate their camera and sync it.  My camera is dead.  So, I can't even sign up for a subscription.

Other than suing Arlo in small claims court, do I have any other option for contacting Arlo regarding a warranty claim?  I am within the warranty period but outside of the retailer's return window, so the retailer won't help me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tjhall23 wrote:

do I have any other option for contacting Arlo regarding a warranty claim?  I am within the warranty period but outside of the retailer's return window, so the retailer won't help me.

@JamesC or @ShayneS may be able to expedite.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tjhall23,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

bjwinoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem. Camera went offline and will not reconnect. Free subscription expired on 3 March and I cannot re-subscribe because the camera is offline. I have tried (and tried and tried!) all the troubleshooting steps through the Arlo app. I cannot see on the Arlo website how to communicate with Arlo for warranty support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bjwinoz,

Please reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use to login to your Arlo account and I will assist with the issue you are experiencing.

JamesC