Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
FreeFallFour
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello every one. I wanted to see if anyone has every seen this firmware 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30. It is showing up as the version I have on an essential camera. Coincidently I have been having many issues with it.

The other one I have shows as 1.090.31.0_21_55537e7.

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware update for Arlo Essential cameras has been rolled back. You may need to restart your camera from Settings > Devices for the rollback to take effect.

JamesC

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1.090.31.0_21_55537e7  is the latest version for Arlo Essential Wire-Free cameras (as of the time i'm making this post).

Check to make sure your camera is fully charged and has good signal strength as it may not be able to complete the firmware update.

JamesC

lnozzi
Star
Star

Hi everyone!

On 7 of July I noticed from my Arlo app that my 3 cameras (Arlo Essential Spotlight; #VMC2030AerH8) have done a firmware update without any confirm request… after this update they have the new firmware release named 1.090.32.0_32_52bad3

With this firmware update live video has stopped working, but cameras are correctly connected to Wi-Fi network.

Motion detect feature still works and send notifications but if you try open Arlo app to connect any cameras to see live video. Extremely frustrating.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

lnozzi
Star
Star

Hi JamesC,

if I see this firmware release 

“1.090.32.0_32_52bad30” means that for any reason my cameras has not completed the firmware update successfully?

If so, how can I force firmware update again? If I move on Setting >> Info >> Firmware, I see “No firmware update available”

Does anyone can help on this?

Thanks

Luca

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the cameras? You may want to remove and reconnect one camera to see what happens.

lnozzi
Star
Star

Sure, I have rebooted camera and I have also tried factory reset in order to configure as new device. During setting up, has searched for new firmware update, but when configuration has finished, the firmware release was the same before the factory reset: 

1.090.32.0_32_52bad30

During the configuration procedure, the camera was near the router Wi-Fi and the battery was more or less at 90%

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be aware that there's a difference between the Essential camera and Essential spotlight camera - they have their own firmware updates. @JamesC referenced the spotlight camera while you appear to have the non-spotlight version. The  firmware for your camera is correct according to what you can find here:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

RyanAus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I'm having exactly the same issue. Have tried restarting, removing and adding (a few times) and a factory reset all with no change. Guess we just have to wait for then to fix it.

lnozzi
Star
Star

IMG_9687.jpeg

This is what I see in info device…

Anyway, else if the firmware release is the right one for my model camera, the problem remain… after this firmware update I cannot see the live video from Arlo app.. any advice in order to solve this behaviour?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model and get access to official support. This requires a subscription to work. If it's a firmware issue, a fix will have to be rolled out so so more complaints, the better for that fix.

RyanAus
Tutor
Tutor

We shouldn't need a paid subscription for a product we've already paid for to diagnose or fix a firmware update that we didn't request and can't roll back

DavidArloUser
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 Essential Spotlight cameras, and NO live view since firmware update to 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30.

I tried everything i could (delete, reset, re add, uninstall/install arlo app ...) but still no solution.

I don't know if i have to wait for a new firmware or my 3 cam are obsolete now. 

ahward12
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your efforts in attempting to resolve this issue.  For dealing with this current problem (no live video after update), I would have normally taken all the steps listed (restart, reset, reupdate, etc.) and experienced the same result - still doesn't work.  Your posts has saved me the time to (once again) go through all this troubleshooting steps without a positive outcome. 

This is just another in a continuous long list of issues with these cameras.  Same response from Arlo "you need a support contract for us to help with issues related to our hardware or software ".  WTF!!  After 2 years of struggling with these cameras and support, it seems the best resolution is to purchase another manufacturer's products.

Pur
Initiate
Initiate

I have just the essential, not the spotlight and same issue where live stream just says connecting but motion feature works as it always had. 

Pur
Initiate
Initiate

BTW I recently purchased the AOSU from Amazon because you don't need a subscription to save video and they both work perfect.  Been about two months and all good.   Might buy another one to replace this Arlo but may also wait to see it if they send out a fix...

Joneses322
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue - firmware update has completely disabled my Essential devices. My old Arlo Pro still work fine, but the Essentials are all basically dead. 

Fully charged, next to the router, clearly online - no video feed. 

DavidArloUser
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

Product: Essential Spotlight Camera

Firmware: 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30

Material: VMC2030AerH8

Latest firmware killed my cams. Live view is not available anymore, tried everything, but seems that my 3 cams are not useful anymore !

I checked live view in my.arlo>com and i can see error 404 coming from the following links:

https://arlo-onecloud-prod-profilepic.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/profile-picture/.......

https://arlostreaming16370-z1-prod.wowza.arlo.com:80/stream/A5D10......._1688910822692.mpd?egressTok...

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I hope mine don't "update" and "brick" themselves...

CoffeeHouse123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, noticed 3 of my 4 cameras stopped working.  For some reason the single camera still works.  What kind of company rolls out a firmware and breaks everything without any notifications?  Last time I will buy Arlo.

FreeFallFour
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well it happened to me again on both my cameras. Will be waiting to see what they come up with or may be shopping for different cameras.

ahward12
Initiate
Initiate

After long, difficult process I finally found live person on Arlo chat.  They recognize this firmware update causes live video not to work and hyper battery drain.  I'm experiencing both issues on my 4 cameras.  Any other issues besides these two?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The latest firmware update for Arlo Essential cameras has been rolled back. You may need to restart your camera from Settings > Devices for the rollback to take effect.

JamesC

FreeFallFour
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just restarted and updated and am back to normal. 

RyanAus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes mine working again too. At least until the next time they force an untested firmware update on us with no ability to postpone or rollback.