Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential wireless spotlight camera battery

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daderdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a essential wireless spotlight which appears to have exhausted battery  life. Fully charged the unit only lasts about 3-4 hours then loses enough power to lose connection and require restart after recharge.

Apparently the rechargeable battery is not replaceable which renders the unit useless. Doesn't even hold charge when plugged into to charger.

Any suggestions??

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The following link is for a different camera but may be useful:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

daderdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the link but the essential spotlight doesn’t allow easy accessibility of the battery pack. Arlo says not replaceable but I’m able to open the unit but not able to access the battery 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand that but you can still connect and disconnect AC power as the article calls for. The idea is that if the battery is dead, multiple attempts to charge will eventually get enough of a charge in the battery to allow it to charge normally.

daderdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have charged the unit multiple times using  AC power. It will take the charge and show 100% but will only hold the charge for approximately two hours. After that requires recharging and reconnecting at the base unit.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may well be a faulty camera, use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model and start the process for a possible RMA with official support.