Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No any video on my base station

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just setup my doorbell, essential camera and base station. I found that the video shown on cloud only, no any record on library of base station although I format the usb device in arlo app. May I know how to fix it? thx

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Icarus24 wrote:

I just setup my doorbell, essential camera and base station. I found that the video shown on cloud only, no any record on library of base station although I format the usb device in arlo app. May I know how to fix it? thx

What model is your base station?

Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4540 for usb device. thx

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Icarus24 wrote:

VMB4540 for usb device. thx

Is the USB drive 16 GB or larger?

Also, are you seeing "Libary" as an option on the main app screen?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard"?

Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes , my usb device is 32GB and I can see "Library" on Arlo app

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Icarus24 wrote:

Yes , my usb device is 32GB and I can see "Library" on Arlo app

1. Are you able to select the base station from the library screen?
  2. Are there any errors you are getting when you do that?  Or just no videos being shown?
  3. Have you tried ejecting the storage, connecting to a PC, and searching for recordings there? 
Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. Yes, I can select base station on library page

2 & 3. No any error message on app and no any file/ video on usb device. I tried to format it on Arlo app still not work

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Icarus24 wrote:

1. Yes, I can select base station on library page

2 & 3. No any error message on app and no any file/ video on usb device. I tried to format it on Arlo app still not work

Do you have another thumb drive that you can try?

Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried 2 thumb drive and reset 1 time 

IMG_1204.jpeg

IMG_1205.png

Icarus24
Aspirant
Aspirant

or which brand or model of usb thumb can recommend? thx

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Icarus24 wrote:

or which brand or model of usb thumb can recommend? thx

I stick with name brands, as there are a lot of scam drives that don't have the amount of storage that they claim.  My newest one is made by SanDisk.

Have you tried copying some files to the drive from a PC (just to test the drive)?

There are several recent posts from folks having trouble with local storage, so this could also be something Arlo needs to fix.  Given the number of complaints here, I am thinking they are likely investigating.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can hopefully confirm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently reviewing reports of these issues with local storage. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC