Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Springman12
Follower
Follower
Ok. Need help. Trying to setup and it said connect to a 2.4MHz connection. What is that, where to find it? I'm using an Android 10 version phone (moto something I don't know chrome internet), att dsl router (Netgear ADSL2+router) base is on Ethernet cable connection (yellow Ethernet cable through this router). From what I read, and I just learned not to ask the virtual bot anything, complete waste of time and energy, but from what I read I've got everything right, do I?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's two things here - your WiFi and your base. Since you have a base, it doesn't matter about your WiFi since the base creates its own network for the camera. So, for starters you have the base connected to your router and it's turned on. You should have a blue LED on the base but that depends on which base came with the system so tell us what you see if that's different.

Use the app to claim the base first - use Add New Device on the first screen when you log in and scroll down to Base Station/Hub to start. Once that's successfully added, continue to add the camera(s). Of course, all this is explained in the directions.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Springman12 wrote:
Ok. Need help. Trying to setup and it said connect to a 2.4MHz connection.

2.4 Ghz - which is one of the WiFi bands.

But ignore that instruction for now, in most cases the setup will work fine when you do.