Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Hut1
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have one Pro 2 camera and one Essential camera. The Essential doesn't record, but all other functions work perfectly, live stream, light etc. The Pro 2 works perfectly.
Thanks in advance 👍🏼

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boss281,

Local recordings cannot be viewed through the mobile app for cameras synced to a VMB4000. While your Arlo Pro cameras do not require an Arlo Smart subscription for content to be saved to the cloud, Arlo Essential Spotlight camera does. To continue enjoying the same benefits that you had with the Arlo Smart trial plan, you will need to sign up for an Arlo Smart subscription for your Arlo Essential Spotlight camera.

Jamesc

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

when in Live View mode on the troubled camera, is the motion detect icon Black??  ( ball with lines )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, do you have a subscription for the Essential? It should have a 3 month trial sub when first installed but you'd need to subscribe or just use local recordings (if synced to a base or hub) after that expires.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Wait. I have the same problem. I have a VMB4000r3 base station and 4 Arlo Pro cameras and one Arlo Essential Spotlight camera. Are you telling me that now that my trial subscription is over (yesterday), I CAN'T record on the Arlo Essential Spotlight to the cloud with the rest of the cameras in the set? That I have to move all of them to record on the base station (which will require a USB drive, right?). If I do this, will all cameras then record locally? Am I able to view my local recordings through the Android App and Web interface?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boss281,

Local recordings cannot be viewed through the mobile app for cameras synced to a VMB4000. While your Arlo Pro cameras do not require an Arlo Smart subscription for content to be saved to the cloud, Arlo Essential Spotlight camera does. To continue enjoying the same benefits that you had with the Arlo Smart trial plan, you will need to sign up for an Arlo Smart subscription for your Arlo Essential Spotlight camera.

Jamesc

JolliuS
Aspirant
Aspirant
So what hub allows the recordings to be accessed from the app? I also have an essential camera and i would like to buy a hub, instead of buying a smart plan.
Thx
Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Well, I'm not going to buy a subscription or a new base station just to support the Essential Spotlight camera. I'll probably just trade it for a working Arlo Pro camera with someone...