Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mwuich
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased the essentials camera and I’m currently charging it for the first time. I’m confused as to how to charge it once I mount it. I couldn’t find any videos on how to detach it from the mount. Could someone help me with this? Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is it the "Essential Spotlight" cam? 

If so, you have to unscrew the entire camera body from the mount... the battery doesn't come out of one of these.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does this camera come with the security mount which has a small tool in the package to release the camera from the mount, similar to a cell phone's tool to eject a SIM or microSD card?

Mwuich
Tutor
Tutor

I don’t think so. I don’t exactly understand what you are referring to. It just has the one piece mount. I just don’t know how to detach it so I can recharge it without unscrewing the entire mount.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The charger connects to the microUSB port on the bottom of the camera, near the sync button. Do you somehow not have access to that port?

Mwuich
Tutor
Tutor

No that’s not what I mean. I don’t understand how the camera detaches from the mount so I can bring it in and charge it.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is it the "Essential Spotlight" cam? 

If so, you have to unscrew the entire camera body from the mount... the battery doesn't come out of one of these.

Mwuich
Tutor
Tutor

Ok…thank you. I think I figured it out.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo, as well as one other aftermarket seller, sell a charger that comes with a 25' long cord so you can plug it in right where it hangs.... 
Good luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are outdoor chargers that have long cords but the Essential doesn't support them given the microUSB port which is unsealed when plugged in (not sure why the solar panel can do this but not an outdoor AC supply). Also, the newer outdoor charger for the Ultras and Pro 3/4 uses 9v to compensate for the voltage drop over that long cable.