Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight Camera not connecting to WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DonnaSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received 3pk of Essential Spotlight Camera and only able to connect 2 so far to my WiFi. It was very difficult getting those two connected, and Arlo Support offered no real assistance. I'm not surprised, as I've had Arlo camera for years and only purchased these new ones because my other ones will no longer receive firmware updates, and was offered a good deal. But no good deal is worth the amount of time I have spent in the last six days trying to set these up! And with only one more camera to go, I've tried everything to get it to connect to my WiFi. And this particular camera has had to be charged three times already!!! Why would it lose a charge so quickly when just trying to pair? Any suggestions, other then factory reset, which I've already done to get this last camera connected? I'm ready to send them all back!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
DonnaSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory reset twice, and that didn’t help.

When trying to pair with WiFi, light flashes blue, scans barcode and chimes successfully, and then times out every time and flashes orange.  My bandwidth is fine, I’m within two feet of the router, etc., I even try at different times of the day.  

Considering I successfully paired the other two cameras, even though had similar trouble especially with the second camera, I just don’t know what the issue can be.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you disable the router's 5GHz band temporarily to see if that helps?