Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Capnhank_93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB 4000 hub with 3 Pro cameras connected. I recently purchased the 2 Essential Spotlight Cameras with Solar Panel set. I added the essential cameras to my hub but the status indicator for motion detection is gray instead of black.

I removed the cameras from the hub and connected them thru wifi everything seems to work fine. I removed the cameras from wifi and reconnected to the hub, same result, no motion detection. I have verified the mode rule settings, everything looks correct. I have a current Arlo Smart subscription, but I want to be able to store recordings on my usb drive. I can activate and record live video, but neither camera will activate and record from motion detection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Capnhank_93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it to work. I had to remove all devices, including the hub. Reset the hub. Then add each device back. Now all cameras are active for motion detection.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Capnhank_93,

What mode are you using when the cameras are synced to the vmb4000? Are you using the default "armed" mode or have you set up a custom mode?

JamesC

Capnhank_93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried both. I set up a custom mode for just one of the cameras to record on motion. Same result, does not activate with motion and the status indicator is still gray.

Thanks!

Capnhank_93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got it to work. I had to remove all devices, including the hub. Reset the hub. Then add each device back. Now all cameras are active for motion detection.