Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Essential Outdoor Spotlight (6 months old) will not factory reset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Volcaniac
Aspirant
Aspirant

6 month old Essential Outdoor Spotlight will not factory reset. Removed camera from account. Following instructions, held reset button 15-20 secs, got blue LED blink followed by only 1 amber LED blink (_not 3 as instructions stated_). Holding reset button through the LED blink sequence. About 1 min afterwards, get blinking amber light every 15 secs, so camera didn't power down. Holding reset button for 1-2 secs (supposedly to power on) only gives an amber LED blink, not blue. Have tried this 5+ times, with no success - only get single amber blink after blue LED blink, not 3 as needed. 

How do I force this camera to do a factory reset so I can try reconnecting to WiFi? Was working fine for 6 months! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The slow amber blink usually means the battery needs charging. Plug it in to charge. While charging you should be able to reset and onboard again since it's drawing power via the charger.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The slow amber blink usually means the battery needs charging. Plug it in to charge. While charging you should be able to reset and onboard again since it's drawing power via the charger.

Volcaniac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that worked - apparently the camera wouldn't reconnect to WiFi with 61% charge remaining - had to recharge to 100% for successful reconnect. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the amber LED was blinking, I suspect the camera wasn't really at 61%. There have been display issues with battery level in the past.