Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell Notifications in Disarmed Mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gwapsejnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi crew,

Just picked up the essential wire free doorbell which is great so far but I wanted to enable motion notifications to phone even when the system is disarmed. Sometimes we are home and have parcels dropped off and they don’t ring the doorbell and we don’t know it has arrived. It is also handy for when anyone walks past the doorbell to let us know someone is there. I can’t seem to find a way to do this in the settings. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gwapsejnr wrote:

Just picked up the essential wire free doorbell which is great so far but I wanted to enable motion notifications to phone even when the system is disarmed.

Are you wanting motion notifications but no recordings????

Or something else?

gwapsejnr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I am after motion alerts as well as recording if possible. It is mainly for when someone is at the front door and haven't pressed the doorbell. It is currently linked to my base station with my three arlo cameras. I'm wondering if i have to make it a stand alone link to wifi. Thanks again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gwapsejnr wrote:

I am after motion alerts as well as recording if possible. 

Which means that you don't want to disarm the doorbell when you disarm the other cameras.

The way to do that with the "Library" experience is to create a custom mode that only includes the doorbell.  Then use that instead of "Disarmed".

With the "Feed" experience, you similarly edit the three modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby), to make sure the doorbell is armed in all three modes.