Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do all cameras have to be connected to the same network?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Indi79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know I can run multiple cameras on a subscription. Do they all have to be connected to same network. Can I have multiple cameras in multiple homes on one subscription 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but...

If you're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos, multiple locations are supported with no impact other than the total number of cameras (for legacy cameras, Pro 2 and older) while the new UI that uses Feed to view videos supports multiple locations but requires a separate subscription for each location. In either case, cameras newer than the Pro 2 still need a subscription for cloud recordings.

Describe your anticipated layout with camera models and numbers in each location.

Indi79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. My app says library. I have the essential outdoor cameras. I recently purchased and am waiting on the ultra hub, which will be located at my location. I have several extra cameras that I want to put at my moms house which is in another state. I have 5 at the current location and want to put about 3 at another. So I should be fine. Thanks again for the help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Indi79 wrote:

I have 5 at the current location and want to put about 3 at another. So I should be fine. Thanks again for the help. 

You might find that you will need to set up a different location when you are eventually migrated to "Feed".  That would need a second subscription.

With "Feed", you are limited to just three built-in modes, with no custom modes possible.  These three modes are per location, so they control all the cameras (unlike "Library", where the mode applies to a hub).  You can edit all three modes, but you cannot add any new ones.  So you might not get all the controls you need for both sites.

BTW, if you are planning to set up a friend account, that account will default to "Feed".   You'll need to migrate your account to "Feed" to get that to work.