Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot do literally anything related to my wireless doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fredfam
Follower
Follower

I am having so many issues getting set up with my essential wireless doorbell. My husband installed it and was able to set it up on his phone no sweat. Here's the issues I'm experiencing:

• When he sends me the invite to view the camera feed, I get an email asking me to create an account. I've already done this, so when I try to sign in it only takes me to a screen telling me to choose a subscription. There's no way to add the device to my devices.
  • After several attempts to connect to the camera last night I gave up and decided I'd come back later. All night and all day today I've been getting (accurate) push notifications that there was motion detected - but when I click the push notifications to view the activity nothing happens, the library is empty, and my devices tab still only shows "add new device +"
  • I did some looking on the support site and it sounds like this could be due to the fact that I've previously been connected to other devices, and if you've been connected to two households you have to buy a subscription. Fair enough, I used to be connected to my father-in-laws camera system but I've since deleted the cameras and been removed from their camera access. The website said the work around is to delete your account and start over.
  • Now when I try to follow the Arlo support provided "delete account" instructions for deleting an account from the app, the instructions are outdated and don't reflect the in-app experience. Can't do it.
  • When I try to do this from the website, I get an error saying "We don't recognize this device" that says they will send me a push notification to my phone to verify my identity. But I don't get a push notification. Can't move forward to delete the account.

So basically at this point there is no way for me to connect to the camera at all. I tried to reach out to chat but it seems support from an actual human being is reserved for subscribers only. I'm ready to return it and get a Ring unless someone has ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the doorbell the first time your husband had an account with Arlo? If so, he likely has the new 4.x user interface. You mention having previously been connected to some Arlo cameras so you may well be using the old 3.x interface. Take a look at both to verify that they're either the same or different. If different, the one (yours?) that shows Library to view videos instead of Feed needs to migrate to the new interface for the doorbell to show up for you. To do this, choose to install either a Pro 5 camera or the security system. You don't actually have to have either. This will first cause your account to migrate to the new 4.x version after which you simply cancel the bogus install.

Now that both interfaces are the same, you would click on the Home selection at the top of the screen and choose the bottom one. Each user gets his own Home and, when shared, shows up in yours. Unfortunately, both are the same name so one (or both) of you should rename that Home to be obvious whose is whose. When you've selected his Home, the doorbell should show up for you.

Does this work for you?