Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot add cameras to 3 month trial

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased a 4 pack of essential spotlight cameras and am running a 3 month trial subscription. Only 2 of the cameras show in the manage subscription screen (they don't even show as inactive) and nor do they show in the Manage Arlo Smart screen. They do show on the app and I can see them live.  I cannot see library footage. I have tried to re-install them but this doesn't solve the problem. How do I get them added to the subscription? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke to Arlo support and they guided me to the solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimCNZ wrote:

I have purchased a 4 pack of essential spotlight cameras and am running a 3 month trial subscription. Only 2 of the cameras show in the manage subscription screen (they don't even show as inactive) and nor do they show in the Manage Arlo Smart screen. They do show on the app and I can see them live.  I cannot see library footage. I have tried to re-install them but this doesn't solve the problem. How do I get them added to the subscription? 

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), to see if they can help.

Is there any chance that these cameras were returned by someone else (perhaps you purchased them as recertified or open-box)? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were new purchased from a reputable retailer

TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

All it does is ask me to purchase a plan. Why does it not wok with trial plan? How do I know it will work with purchased plan? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimCNZ wrote:

They were new purchased from a reputable retailer

Did you reach out to support using the options in the app?  Pick a camera that did onboard - then you should see a phone option.

TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke to Arlo support and they guided me to the solution

MarcellRN
Aspirant
Aspirant

what was the solution? 

TimCNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found that 2 of the cameras were set up by another staff memer on a separate account so he shared the with me