Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t delete videos

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Saki4420
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to delete videos from the Arlo app after deleted from USB in smart hub?

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Saki4420 wrote:

How to delete videos from the Arlo app after deleted from USB in smart hub?

How did you delete them from the local storage?  Try formatting the USB stick (or microSD card), and see if that works.

Saki4420
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I can delete them from the USB drive, but not from the App Library. Since deleting them from the USB drive, the videos still appear but say not available. I want to remove them from the library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Videos from local recordings have to be downloaded to your phone.  There used to be a setting in the app to delete those downloaded videos but darned if I can find it now. @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ? Was this removed?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Saki4420 wrote:

Hello - I can delete them from the USB drive, but not from the App Library. Since deleting them from the USB drive, the videos still appear but say not available. I want to remove them from the library.

I think there is some metadata on the USB drive - if so, just deleting the video file isn't enough.  That theory is consistent with the videos appearing in the list, but saying "not available" when you try to download them.

That is why I suggested reformatting the drive - then checking that that the videos no longer show up.  

Saki4420
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I reformatted the drive and the videos still appear on the specific date within the app. Even when I remove the drive from the hub, the link to the images on the specific date still appear. What I need is an option to remove videos that are not needed instead of waiting to overwrite them. Is there a video delete option that I am not seeing?

Have a great day!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Saki4420 wrote:

Is there a video delete option that I am not seeing?

Arlo doesn't support deleting videos from local storage.

Saki4420
Aspirant
Aspirant

The local storage was removed, I want to remove their links from the app after they were removed from the local storage.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Saki4420 wrote:

The local storage was removed, I want to remove their links from the app after they were removed from the local storage.

Did you try clearing the app cache?

Saki4420
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can direct me on how to clear the cache?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Saki4420 wrote:

Can direct me on how to clear the cache?

I don't have an Android phone.  But there is a guide here: