Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't add trial camera to existing multi camera plan

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUserInSAC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have added an Essential camera to the five existing Pro 2 cameras in my system that I've had for over 3 years.  I am on the Secure Multi Camera Plan which says it allows unlimited cameras at the same residence on the same account.  The new camera is on the same hub as the other five at my house, but it came in as a "trial".  I should be able to add it to my existing plan, but it won't let me drag the new camera in to that plan.

Another plan question: Almost 3 months ago I installed two Essential XL cameras at my mother in law's house.  Wifi connected - no hub.  We monitor them along with our cameras.  Can I have a Multi Camera and two Single Camera plans on one account?  Those trials end in about two weeks.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUserInSAC wrote:

I have added an Essential camera to the five existing Pro 2 cameras in my system that I've had for over 3 years.  I am on the Secure Multi Camera Plan which says it allows unlimited cameras at the same residence on the same account.  The new camera is on the same hub as the other five at my house, but it came in as a "trial".  I should be able to add it to my existing plan, but it won't let me drag the new camera in to that plan.

You need to cancel the trial (or wait for it to end) before you can add the new camera to your existing plan.

@ArloUserInSAC wrote:

Another plan question: Almost 3 months ago I installed two Essential XL cameras at my mother in law's house.  Wifi connected - no hub.  We monitor them along with our cameras.  Can I have a Multi Camera and two Single Camera plans on one account? 

You should be able to.  Though you can just put them all in the multicamera plan (despite the terms of service on single residence). Another option is to create a separate account for the mother-in-law cameras, and share the cameras to your main account.

ArloUserInSAC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to drag the new cameras to my existing plan, or even to the deactivate box.  Two of the cameras expire in the next few days.  I'll see what happens then. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUserInSAC wrote:

I am not able to drag the new cameras to my existing plan, or even to the deactivate box. 

But you can cancel the trial.

MaryOB
Aspirant
Aspirant

First remove the new cameras from the trial plan. You may have to log back in. Then click on the three lines on the right side of the camera and drag and drop should work. I waited 20 minutes on line to get that answer.