Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Connected but no live view

angryarlo262
Follower
Follower

Ive had Arlo for years now and suddenly the cameras will not connect to a live view. They are connected to wifi, updated, and if you check the "video settings" to test the camera it works. You just cannot update the camera view. It will say "an unexpected error occurred" and nothing will update. I have an Essentials spotlight camera and an older wired indoor camera. I tried to contact support but since I dont give arlo money they say im not entitled to live support.

Any suggestions?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. You can find the latest information here: status.arlo.com

I will provide more information once it becomes available.

JamesC

150 REPLIES 150
OptimusJD
Star
Star

Like the title says.  Push a new update or roll it back!  It is completely unacceptable that your update has bricked so many people's cameras!  These things were not the cheapest option when I bought them.  I thought I was buying quality and a device I could count on.  Not something that the manufacturer was going to disable!  FIX IT!

brent1221
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue, I have a total of 6 cameras, 3 in one location and the other 3 in a second location, two different networks. All six show strong connection to Wi-Fi network with 80+% in battery life, have troubleshooted based on all of the comments, still unable to view LIVE....Arlo we need some comments here 

Splodge1
Guide
Guide

Yep, mine updated and killed it to,no more live stream,just a screen shot when it detects motion,now just an expensive dummy cam,need to let the world know, don’t buy Arlo cams

Kelleydawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 4 arlo essential cameras. All are connected and online but neither my husband or I can view any of them from the app on either of our phones. I have tried resetting each camera and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. From the Devices page where it shows our cameras, when I hit the play button on any of the cameras the little icon just keeps spinning and never connects. Please help!

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Latest Firmware probably broke them.  Welcome to the club.

Ralecom
Aspirant
Aspirant

My four cameras stopped yesterday 7-7-23 . I've tried rebooting modem, reinstalling cameras, checking all else. All my other devices are working perfectly. The site says the camera after reinstalling is active but still nothing. Only saving grace, due to seeing your aggravation,  is that I now think it an Arlo problem and not related to my equipment and that it will be corrected.

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor

Cameras still not working. I’ve done all the things multiple times that support recommended. Delete camera, factory reset, reinstall camera, reboot modem/WiFi, iPhone. 
They even asked me to turn off WiFi and try to connect using a hotspot or different WiFi 🤷🏼‍♀️ And sent them internet speed test results. 
Nothing has worked. Our cameras are in two different locations using different WiFi and more than one iPhone user accessing them. 

Lcaracci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. No good here. My sister and her boyfriend have “legacy” cameras and he had the issue this morning and now it’s perfectly fine for him. 

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor

Lcaracci, did your sister troubleshoot the problem with legacy cameras or did they just start working? 

Lcaracci
Aspirant
Aspirant

They just started working and have been working. Her boyfriend said that there just seems to be a lag when it “connects” 

Lcaracci
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just chatted with support and they said engineering is working on it. The firmware update messed it up 

Eniriop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here 3 essential cameras connected but no live feed since firmware updated today.

Evecadu
Tutor
Tutor

I am experiencing issues since the last update, I have re-sync and reset the camera with no luck. When I click to see live video it stays "Connecting...". Motion is detected and I get the notification on the app however the live video doesn't work.

My firmware is 1.090.32.0_32_52bad30

My hardware version is VMC2030aerh8

Mausaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good to hear Jones,

I started thinking that I had gone mad...

Maurits

Mausaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could it be that after I cancelled my secure contract that as off July 1 when their price went up from 2.99 to 3.99 they prevented further connection at all?

Jacksonm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Cameras stopped live streaming. Can connect to cameras.  How did you fix

arlouser987654
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same issue, model and firmware

Chantalponpon
Tutor
Tutor

Same here... Arlo we need answers! Or refund us.

No time in my life to **bleep** with this . Need to work this out!!!! FAST

boomyen
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. Worked for a year then now can't see the live view. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someone needs to take the plunge and migrate to the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view videos. That will help identify if it's the UI causing the issue. And before everyone gets all up in arms about not wanting to do that, remember that eventually EVERYONE will get migrated sooner or later so getting it over with can be useful.

That said, to migrate, you need to add a Pro 5 or security system to your account although you have neither. The first step is to migrate to the new UI after which you can back out of the bogus install. You won't be able to go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer so you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you want as best you can. Also, take the time to go through the whole UI so you know where things are and how they work. There are lots of new FAQs in the support section specifically for the new UI so read those if you feel stuck. We're also here to help.

lthin9797
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wire Free Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030AerH9 cannot start live stream and keep connecting, I tried to reset the camera and add again, the issue still occur. The APP also update to latest firmware, but still the same.

The symptoms qiute smilar to another community post:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Cameras-Timing-Out-Only-view-10-minutes-Times-out-on-PC-...

How can I resolve this issue? 

lthin9797
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, still no live view even updated the APP / check by web

OptimusJD
Star
Star

So.  I can reset/remove the device.  Set it back up and it works on the initial viewing.  As soon as I stop  it or move away from the feed, it will never work again.  This stinks.

OptimusJD
Star
Star

Did that.  No change at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Updating the app does nothing (unless you actually have an old version). To be clear, the UI was migrated and now you see Feed to view videos but no change in live view? I don't have an Essential camera to verify anything so any feedback is useful to be passed on.