Camera won’t scan AVD2001 QR code

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
peachearts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help!!! My phone camera won’t scan the QR code on the back of the doorbell. I tried cleaning the camera, going closer and further away but it is not scanning. Arlo should really include the QR code on a slip to make the initial set-up easier.
9 REPLIES 9
peachearts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app (iOS) won’t scan the QR code on the back of my newly bought Essential Wire-Free. I have tried everything, from increasing my phone brightness, restarting my phone, slowly moving the camera closer and away from the QR code. Please help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while but I think you can pinch zoom the image when trying to scan the code. Worst case, take a picture of the code and print it.

KM96
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same issue. Tried contacting support through chat who told me to exchange my device. I did that and I still continue to have the same issue. I've tried scanning with 2 different iPhones and 2 iPads and it still won't scan. I have 7 wireless Ultra 2 cameras and trying to set up this doorbell is awful. There needs to be some resolution.

peachearts
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree. They should have the QR code on a slip of paper in addition to having it on the product. The scan worked with another iPhone luckily. But the doorbell SUCKS. Every time I answer the doorbell, I can’t see anything but grey. I recommend you return it and purchase another brand.
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can print out the QR, some have had sucess with that. A common mistake is picking the wrong Essential camera in setup since there are 3. But the doorbell is in a different category. 

KM96
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve tried all of the suggestions and still the QR code won’t scan. Is there any other way to connect this doorbell that maybe I am missing?? I’m pretty tech savvy but this is extremely frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you pinch zoom the QR code while trying to read it?

KM96
Tutor
Tutor
I was finally able to fix this.. if you are trying to add this doorbell with an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc…) there is no zoom in the Arlo app to scan the QR code. I was able to download the Arlo app to an old android phone we had floating around and in the Arlo app on an android you can pinch and zoom in on the QR code. After that the install was smooth and I had no further issues. I’m not sure as to why you can’t zoom in the app available to Apple products which made this experience very frustrating. Hey Arlo… Maybe the app should get an update…
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or it's an Apple issue. There's multiple sides of the fix here.