Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Reset Token - VMB4000r3

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HBaldwin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was trying to setup the base station to Apple's HomeKit, but I am stuck on the discovering your device screen.  I have rebooted and power cycled the base station, as well as made sure all the firmware is up to date on the station and on my app.  Looking at the forums, it looks like I need a "token reset" to the base station?  Is that something I can do on my own, or is that done through Arlo support?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

HBaldwin
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked, thank you so much!  Just for my future reference, is this something I could have done on my end (like a factory reset or something), or does Arlo support need to do this?  What does the token do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HBaldwin,

Token resets must be done through Arlo Support. The token allows the device to be authenticated and integrated with HomeKit.

JamesC

mrodrigu74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please proceed with a token reset to my base station because I can't configure the Arlo Base Station with the Apple Homekit. As many of the persons in the forum, I've done all the steps to configure Arlo Cameras with the Apple Home (it works in the past, but I change my internet service provider and made some resets, and now I can't reconfigure it in the Apple Home app or the Arlo App). 

Using the Arlo App, I go to Settings>My Devices>Select Arlo Base Station>Homekit Setup... but in the "Discovering your Device" does not appear anything (it keeps doing the search but nothing appears) and my base station does not have a Apple Homekit code.

I have update all the firmwares, apps versions and OS updates. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC

Eklektos
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eklektos,

JamesC