Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jumpin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera was showing recordings but has stopped. Picks up motion but no recordings.

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you still live stream the camera, if so then it is likely that the trial subscription has expired.

These cameras require a paid subscription plan to use arlo cloud storage.

jumpin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks 

jumpin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I just see what was recorded and not save to the cloud? I have three other cameras that are older that I can. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The viewing options available depends on what model cameras and base station you have.

The early model cameras were bundled with free 7days arlo storage which is still honoured to date. This changed back in 2018 after the pro2 models, all newer models after require the paid subscription.

The 4000 and 4500 Base stations have  USB backup support where you can eject the USB and view triggered recordings on a pc.

The arlo hubs 4540/5000 can provide in app access to download triggered recordings to the mobile app for viewing.

If you can provide more details of the arlo equipment you have we can further clarify.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jumpin wrote:

Can I just see what was recorded and not save to the cloud? I have three other cameras that are older that I can. 

Everything you are seeing in the app is recorded to the Arlo Cloud. As @DannyBearAgain says, the legacy cameras were sold with 7 days of cloud storage.  The Essential camera wasn't sold with that, so requires a subscription.

You can see the locally stored recordings by ejecting the USB stick from the hub, and connecting a PC.  With the VMB4000 and VMB45400, that is the only way to see them.

The VMB4540 and VMB5000 smarthubs have a direct access to local storage feature, which would let you see recordings in the app.  But there are a lot of restrictions - one is that you can't see the recordings on my.arlo.com.  If you decide to upgrade the base instead of getting a subscription, post back so we can fill you in on the other restrictions.