Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera inop.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mbcsysadm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo essential camera went offline and will not reconnect, will not sync and will not factory reset. What do I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The blue LED should only be lit if 1) it's enabled in the camera settings to indicate fully charged and 2) the battery is fully charged.

Reconnecting power should first blink blue to indicate the connection but then remain on if fully charged. It may be the battery is dead and needs to be "jump-started". Try plugging it in several times to get enough charge in the battery to allow it to then fully charge properly.

Otherwise, you may have a faulty camera. Use Settings, Support for additional help and to possibly start the RMA process.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? We need all details for what you've tried and what you see.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My 6 relatively new cameras seem to take turns going "offline". When you have the "offline" screen... there is no "restart" choice.

At first, I would busily click and click and click on things, trying to find something to get the camera to come back to life. I've learned now (in the last 3 weeks) that it's just something that they do. 

If I stop messing with it and just let the system rest.. the camera comes back to life all by itself. It happens a lot.. like 1 or 2 times a day. 

Try waiting it out.... there is nothing else to do short of "unlinking" from the camera and then "relinking" to it (which I have done in the past). But, I vote on letting it fix itself.

Mbcsysadm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think it is. First time I put it on charger it showed a blue led all day long as if charging. The next time I reconnected power the blue led will flash rapidly with one long pulse and go off. No further led activity unless I unplug power source and reattach.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The blue LED should only be lit if 1) it's enabled in the camera settings to indicate fully charged and 2) the battery is fully charged.

Reconnecting power should first blink blue to indicate the connection but then remain on if fully charged. It may be the battery is dead and needs to be "jump-started". Try plugging it in several times to get enough charge in the battery to allow it to then fully charge properly.

Otherwise, you may have a faulty camera. Use Settings, Support for additional help and to possibly start the RMA process.

Mbcsysadm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I now have a condition where the blue led blinks and then remains on when power is connected. Is this charged?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The normal condition is that the battery is fully charged when the blue LED is on all the time. That doesn't preclude a camera problem so I'd used Settings, Support to start additional support and a possible RMA.