Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Browser based settings and factory reset vmc2030

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dnluce
Follower
Follower

I was using Firefox to explore the various settings and controls for my two recently activated VMC2030s. Earlier I had set up activity zones for each camera but later realized they excluded activity outside the zones, so I deleted the zones for each camera. The process seemed pretty simple; choose the zone, select delete, then confirm. After deleting all the zones for the first camera, I got a push notification on my mobile telling me the camera had received a factory reset request. Not thinking there was a relation between deleting zones and factory resets, I deleted the zones on the second camera and received a second notification of a factory reset request. Both cameras are gone. At no time during the zone deletions did I get a warning that I was factory resetting the camera, but the results seem to indicate otherwise. I have the cameras for security at a property an hour's drive away, so it's not just a matter of re-adding them in a few minutes!

Are there any other users who have experienced this or who can explain how this happened?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dnluce,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I've escalated this report to the development team and we're currently investigating the details. Removing an activity zone should not cause the camera to factory reset. When I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

Kenzz99
Aspirant
Aspirant

我也是有一个摄像头receive a factory reset request,can I get return the camera or exchange?