Battery not charging right Arlo Essential

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BrandiKitty6
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera blinked blue while charging then turned solid blue like it’s fully charged. However on my app it shows it completely dead. Why?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrandiKitty6
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I spoke with support. Seems my camera must've disconnected from the app. That's why the camera would show fully charged but the app would show it was completely dead & not charging. Solution: press sync button for about 10-20 seconds. Reconnected my camera  & we're good to go!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the camera still online and what app you using that says the battery is dead?
BrandiKitty6
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it’s offline. It says charge battery, battery level is too low. & I’m using the Arlo Secure app.
Dannybear
Master
Master
If the battery level is too low then the camera will not allow you to charge the battery for safety.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
If the battery level is too low then the camera will not allow you to charge the battery for safety.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

The Essential's battery can't be removed, so this KB article won't help.

@BrandiKitty6:  If you have a subscription you could try using your Arlo phone support.  Look in the app's support area, don't attempt a google a phone number - that will lead to a scam support site.

You could also try using a different charger if you have one. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd still try the process in the camera...

BrandiKitty6
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I spoke with support. Seems my camera must've disconnected from the app. That's why the camera would show fully charged but the app would show it was completely dead & not charging. Solution: press sync button for about 10-20 seconds. Reconnected my camera  & we're good to go!

dmshaw10
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you sync the camera

BrandiKitty6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know for the Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras there's a button on the bottom by the charging port. Hold it down for 10-20 seconds. That's what reconnected my camera back to the app.