Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have noticed since the last firmware update on the 5/5/2021 '1.090.26.4_30_f0c1dbf' the app does not show the Arlo is charging. You have to reboot your camera then it shows the charging icon, but when unplugged after a charge the charging symbol stays on, you have to reboot your camera to get it to show back on battery again. It seems the update or the app is buggy as all was fine on 1.080.23.3_26_15c46408. Is this going to be fixed soon?

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Killhippie,

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

JamesC

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Version 3.2 (2202)

Also it does not update charging data properly until you reboot it. Just like the original issue, it seems there has been a regression in the last update or the app needs fixing. Ive removed the camera, uninstalled the app done all the adding back to network and reinstalling app and this is what happens, its really frustrating as this was fixed prior to the last update to the camera.

ghnn
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here with the charging %

When charging the % stops at 10% even after some hours of charging.

After restart of the camera the right percentage is shown.

Firmware 1.090.26.4_30_f0c1dbf 

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Well I have noticed the Camera received a firmware update overnight to version 1.0.90.26.5_36_254dd1b and the charging icon issue is not fixed still. The camera when plugged in does not show the percentage going up or the fact its even on charge, when the blue light comes on if you reboot the camera it will then show on charge at 100% but when you unplug the charger it still shows on charge, you have to reboot it again for it to show 100% and not on charge. I was really hoping this firmware was going to fix the issue, it worked fine on 1.080.23.3_26_15c46408 as has previously been mentioned, so some regression has been introduced and after all this time I was hoping it would have been fixed..

I was going to buy another camera, as I am disabled and its good security and helps when people come to my door, but seriously if you cant get the firmware to work properly on battery charging after fixing it, I'm not going to invest until it does. Very disappointed. Oh and the app version is iOS 3.2.2 and the router is a Netgear RAX120 on current firmware 1.2.1.22

Igor80
Tutor
Tutor
Had this issue been fixed? I have also been noticing the same issue where the camera shows charging all day long. I do have mine plugged into solar panels. But there is no sun at night. Also the charging icons on the app have changed now I see a red charging icon and a green one. Can anyone from Arlo provide info about the icon change?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The red battery icon with lightning bolt is now correct when a solar panel is connected and the battery is full. It's a new UI change but the docs have to still be updated to reflect this change.
Sopita
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. Dealing with Arlo customer service is not an easy task.

I just saw the red icon this morning and it was scary with no explanation anywhere

I thought something else broke and is out of service. Red has always been a warning color , not a good choice to use to say the battery is charged and working.  Somebody choice from the color spectrum for this change  was not a suma laude move....