Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
CrankyArnold
Follower
Follower

I'm in Australia and ordered 4 outdoor wireless cameras a month ago. At the time I was told that I would recieve them in 3-5 business days. The order still says "pending". 

I've called several times and jumped on the chat several more times to follow up, and each time I only get "this has been raised with the "next level" team".  

The "next level" team are not "next level". They are "subpar".

What are the "next level" team doing? "Resolving the case". What steps that may include, customer service officers have no idea.  

This has been going on for 3 weeks. 

If I can't get this resolved, I'll have to jump through several more hoops to try and get my money back (🤦‍♂️).

The correct response would be:

- "We don't know what happened, but it's our mistake. We own and we will fix it". 

- "We will cancel that order and ship you a new order right now - this is your tracking number".

- "If by chance, you get your old order, contact us and we'll organise to have that picked up for you".  

That Arlo can't do this (it took me several contacts just to find out lead times!?! which of course were wrong) suggests that their customer service team is poorly managed and/or trained with too many silos and not enough visibility across the organisation to be truly helpful. 

This is a shame, as I only hear great things about the product. 

Oh, and they will say "go to the app to contact customer service about your case number". That won't work, as nothing speaks to each other! My case number is not associated with my account, of course. Why would you want to do that? 

Oh, and if you call/chat again to check on your case number and how it's going with the "next level" team,  they will create a new case number! 

Finally - you must check on your case constantly, less they cancel it from their "inaction" after 7 days. 

Maddening.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CrankyArnold 

Thank you for letting me know, I have escalated this to the appropriate team and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.