Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential LED keeps timing out when trying to set up

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
VickB
Follower
Follower

As soon as I scan the QR code to set up my camera the LED flashes around 10 times then times out before it connects to the app. I have reset the camera a number of times and it is fully charged. Help! #essentialspotlight

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the router's connected devices page to see if the camera has an IP address? Are you using a mesh network?

shawnsaeger
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue. 3 cameras recognized by my router but only 1 camera will link. I bought these cameras last year and have had nothing but problems when trying to connect/find cameras using app. Initially It took 2 days trying for several hours,over and over. Trying to connect 1 Camera at a time for?? 1 Hour,then move to another camera out of complete frustration. Finally got 2 cameras to sink/link. Gave up on 3rd camera. Now, 1 year later, batteries completely Died and when they did, cameras also dropped off (disconnected/erased) off the app. so I recharged and now??? Same issue as originally.. CAMERAS NOT RECOGNIZED/WILL NOT LINK.!! GARBAGE!!! I WILL ONLY RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND!! JUNK!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @shawnsaeger

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Nopitynope
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the exact same issue and it's so frustrating!  There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason either - 2 days spent trying to add cameras with no result and then on the 50th attempt, finally and miraculously one will be added while the others continue to fail.  The blinking blue light only lasts as long as the QR code is recognized and then they go off.  I have never worked with technology as frustrating as these cameras; I own Ring and Nest cameras as well and have never had an issue, ever.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Nopitynope Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.