Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arm 2 out of 4 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nzraider
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. I have 2 spotlight and 2 XL. Have 2 inside and 2 outside. Currently using geofencing and a schedule overnight.

I am wanting to arm my 2 cameras outside nightly. And have my inside ones unarmed. Is there a way to do this. I would like to activate the 2 each night from 9pm to 4.30am and have the spotlight activated and record any activity. Is there a way to do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nzraider wrote:
Hello. I have 2 spotlight and 2 XL. Have 2 inside and 2 outside. Currently using geofencing and a schedule overnight.

I am wanting to arm my 2 cameras outside nightly. And have my inside ones unarmed. Is there a way to do this. I would like to activate the 2 each night from 9pm to 4.30am and have the spotlight activated and record any activity. Is there a way to do this?

Yes.

If you have a base, then create an outdoor mode (that only has rules for the outdoor cameras).  Then schedule that mode. 

If you don't have a base, then you will need to schedule each of the outdoor cameras separately.

Note that either way you will need two slots in the schedule (9pm to 1159, and midnight to 4:30 am).  The schedule won't let you create a single entry that spans midnight.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nzraider wrote:

Yes.

If you have a base, then create an outdoor mode (that only has rules for the outdoor cameras).  Then schedule that mode. 

If you don't have a base, then you will need to schedule each of the outdoor cameras separately.

Note that either way you will need two slots in the schedule (9pm to 1159, and midnight to 4:30 am).  The schedule won't let you create a single entry that spans midnight.

nzraider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brilliant. Thank you. Have a base station. Works perfectly. 

I can now get up during the night to have a drink and not set them off!