Arlo Essential

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HallSister
Follower
Follower

I originally purchased Arlo cameras a few years ago and was very pleased with them.  However, Arlo quit selling batteries for this particular system and I was down to only one working camera so last week I purchased the Arlo Essential 4 pack with 2 solar panels.  One camera will not hold charge.  After talking with technical support today, I was told I am using the wrong power adapter.  (I was using the original since a new one was not included in the Essentials box and it was not indicated anywhere of the particular power adapter that was needed for these new cameras).  I also learned today that Arlo does not sell this particular adapter.  I was told to try to find one locally or on-line since it is not available on the Arlo website.   I have determined that I will returning this product.  It blows my mind that they would sell a product and not sell the necessary items needed to keep these cameras functional.  I was an Arlo fan until today!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HallSister wrote:

After talking with technical support today, I was told I am using the wrong power adapter.  (I was using the original since a new one was not included in the Essentials box and it was not indicated anywhere of the particular power adapter that was needed for these new cameras).  I also learned today that Arlo does not sell this particular adapter.  I was told to try to find one locally or on-line since it is not available on the Arlo website.  

The Essentials use a standard 5 vt/2amp USB charger.  No idea why support told you that you were using the "wrong one", since any of the earlier Arlo chargers will work.  So will many other chargers (phone chargers, etc).  So it sounds like mis-information to me.