Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SilverMaxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

This model has a user non-replaceable internal battery.  Had a power failure and camera would no longer connect. I ended up removing it, then tried reconnecting it as a new camera. Tried many times to no avail. I even tried the factory reset, holding down the button for 15 seconds. I  then let it charge for a day. The camera then shows a steady blue light. I tried connecting it while it was still charging. Nothing. I unplugged it and tried reconnecting and still nothing. The blue light only appears after it’s plugged in for a while. I even tried connecting it to two WiFi points - the router, and a repeater. Nothing. Do I have a dead camera? It’s not even two years old.

Best answers
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a dead battery although the LED doesn't support that theory. Try this procedure - the key is to plug in and unplug many times until the battery has enough charge to then properly charge. No guarantees - if it doesn't helps use settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do