Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
johnstsimoes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMC2032 Essential (outdoor) camera that has been working well for about 6 months.

After changing the router, I need to restore the camera to factory settings but the information you make available at the internet doesn't seem correct.

First, the led is blue, not amber. After pressing sync for 15 seconds, the blue led turns on for a second and turns off. There is no blink or anything.

I'm finding this extremely frustrating. I also tried searching at reddit.com/r/arlo and there doesn't seem to be any accurate information on how to reset this camera to factory settings.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

The camera's led will light up either blue or amber, depending on what the camera is doing.

The manual is linked at the top of this board. The reset is described on pages 67-68. Not sure why it's not resetting, but maybe reading that will provide a clue as to why.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/documents/arloessential/Arlo_Essential_Device_UM_US.pdf

You could try changing the new router to use the same SSID and password as the old router. That should save having to make setup changes on all your devices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, 15 seconds is just a guide - any particular camera may be +/- that time.

johnstsimoes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but no success. This is frustrating since I just got billed again for a camera I can't get to reset to factory settings.

I've been trying to hold the sync button for factory settings for minutes. All I get - always - is the same, a blue led turning on for 2 seconds after I hold sync for ~15-20 seconds.

It's frustrating. It shouldn't be this hard to be able to reset it to factory settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or the camera is faulty. Use Settings, Support to see about a replacement.