Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jpennetta
Initiate
Initiate

My camera recently lost power due to lack of charging, I had it hooked up to solar panels and for some reason it didn't charge. Long story short, I had to ultimately remove the device from my app, and I have since tried to reconnect it, it won't connect. I've tried everything from factory reset (which wont work) to letting the camera completely die and recharge it. From a few searches it seems like the camera wants to update its firmware but wont update. I've left it on a charger for days with no success. The lights on the camera blink blue several times, then go solid blue for a second, then a quick amber flash and goes away. It repeatedly does this. The support is useless and if I would have known this in advance, I wouldn't have purchased these cameras. I don't have a base station and live support won't help because I am not subscribed. Any insight would be great. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a dead battery. While the link below is for a different camera/battery, you may find it useful:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

jpennetta
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve let the battery die, recharged for an entire day, nothing. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, always recharge proactively since it avoids issues like this. Did you follow the instructions in the link above? Just plugging in the camera may not be sufficient.

klogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue on 3 Arlo Go cameras.  Did you get this resolved?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @klogan 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

klogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI- thank,  I Have tried to disconnect them which I did.  And then I tried to reconnect and they wouldn't reconnect.  1 of the camera's would give a bong type sound and the other 2 would not identify the cameras.  I also tried to do factory resets on all 3 cameras.   It was successful on 2 of them but they still would not reconnect.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@klogan

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.