Can this be united in one schedule?

Overlapping times don't seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AllFish wrote:

The problem is that the schedule does not allow overlapping times. When I put one mode over the other, (my usecase) the other mode is altered.

You are confused - likely still trying to schedule cameras, and not modes.  Each mode controls all cameras connected to the base.  If you leave out a camera of the mode, it is disarmed when you switch to that mode.

First create a mode that only arms the doorbell.  Don't' include any rule for the hedgehog.   Let's just call it "bell".  If you enable that mode manually, you'll find that the doorbell is armed and the hedgehog camera is disarmed.

Then just schedule

• armed when you want both hedgehog and the doorbell armed
  • bell when you only want the doorbell armed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AllFish wrote:

My doorbell needs to be on 24/7

My Hedgehog Cam only for the nighttime.

Can this be united in one schedule?

Overlapping times don't seem to work.

The details for scheduling depend on whether you see "Library" as an option in the app, or whether you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  Please let us know which version of the user interface you have.

AllFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response,

I see the Library option, (ios)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AllFish wrote:

I see the Library option, (ios)

Ok, that helps.  

I am assuming that both cameras are connected to the same base station.  You schedule modes, not individual cameras.

The built-in "Armed" mode enables both cameras.  Similarly "Disarmed" disables both.

If you want the two cameras to be enabled separately, then you need to create two custom modes.  One will include a rule for only camera 1, the other will include a rule for only camera 2.  That gives you all combinations (both, either, and neither).  Note you might not need all combinations to meet your needs.

Once you've created the custom modes, you schedule the ones you want for the appropriate time of day.  Note you cannot schedule across midnight - you'll need to end the schedule entry at 11:59 pm and start the new one as 12:00 am.  There shouldn't be a gap - each schedule entry is supposed to start that the beginning of the minute, but end at the end of the minute.

AllFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help

I understand that modes need to be used here.

The problem is that the schedule does not allow overlapping times. When I put one mode over the other, (my usecase) the other mode is altered.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AllFish wrote:

You are confused - likely still trying to schedule cameras, and not modes.  Each mode controls all cameras connected to the base.  If you leave out a camera of the mode, it is disarmed when you switch to that mode.

First create a mode that only arms the doorbell.  Don't' include any rule for the hedgehog.   Let's just call it "bell".  If you enable that mode manually, you'll find that the doorbell is armed and the hedgehog camera is disarmed.

Then just schedule

• armed when you want both hedgehog and the doorbell armed
  • bell when you only want the doorbell armed.

AllFish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, of course.

Thank you very much!