Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera essential spotlight 2 pack camera and only one is connecting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dahal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought this camera last week in a 2 pack, one of the cameras connect and locate but the other one doesn't. I even cancelled my subscription, factory reset, removed both cameras and tried to reconnect. One of the cameras connect but the other one doesn't, I try connecting the one that doesn't connect, first and still it isn't locating. I've made sure my internet is 2.4ghz band, staying close to the router, make sure nothing is interrupting the connection, made sure it is charged, the network SSID and password are exactly correct, I've heard the chime noise once scanning the qr code, verified that I'm not using a vpn, verified that I'm pressing essential **spotlight** and press the sync button which makes it blink blue. I've tried everything, but still only one camera connects and the other one doesn't. Please help me try to fix this. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If purchased from a store, swapping there would be the fastest solution. Otherwise, use Settings ("person" icon top left), Support Center to select the camera model for access to official support. This requires a subscription so when you say you canceled the sub, I hope it wasn't for the trial sub that came with the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are using the app, then I suggest trying again using a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).

Make sure you select the Essential Spotlight when adding the device.

Dahal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, it was the trial sub as there was another post that said if cancelled subscription then it would work. So I tried that and it didn't work.

Dahal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have tried that already and still the same result and put essential spotlight. I probably will return it soon.